Good morning, ready for some makeup talk? I always am!
I have tried a lot of products. I may or may not have a
problem love for makeup. Can ya tell, have you seen my makeup collection post? I have a lot of favorite products that I talk about often. Some of them are cheap and some a little more expensive. It's pretty even for me between drugstore and high end loves.
I compiled a little list of products that I feel are very much worth the splurge! Meaning I've tried several brands and types of similar products, and nothing compare to these in my opinion. I will continue to spend the money and repurchase these.
1) Mary-Lou Manizer highlighter from The Balm. I received a sample of this back when I was subscribed to Birchbox. I have never found a highlight that even close to compared! This stuff is gorgeous!
2) Benefit POREfessional face primer. I have big pores, and I hate it. I have no idea what kind of freak magic potion they put in this, but seriously, your pores shrink in front of your eyes. That's the main reason I love it, but it also creates a soft silky base for your makeup and helps to keep it in place too!
3) I finally broke down and bought the Mac Pro Longwear concealer a few months ago after seeing every YouTube guru rave about it. So glad I did, it's perfection. It blends beautifully and stays there, doesn't crease like most under eye concealers. My only complaint, the bottle. It's too small and you also have to be careful when you pump it out. It can easily give you too much, and I sure as heck don't want to waste it!
4) Urban Decay Setting Sprays. At the end of the day, my makeup looks exactly the same as right after I put it on. Ask my friends, they'll tell ya. I give credit to this baby. I spray it all over my face after I've applied my base, powder and blush. I've tried others and I don't like the formulas or packaging. This one is a perfect fine mist, it's by far the best!
5) The Sigma F80 Flat Kabuki Brush. I will never be without this brush, I don't know what else to say besides go buy it, now. Well, after you finish reading my blog of course... It truly makes your make up look flawless and blends perfect. The good thing about the brush is, I don't have to keep repurchasing it, and it's really not that expensive. I've had it for over a year and wash it often, it's in perfect shape.
If you want to try something but aren't sure what, the setting spray and the brush are my 2 faves for sure!
Do you have a favorite splurge item? Are any of these your faves too?